What personal data do we collect about you?
Data is collected when you provide it to us directly and through your use of the Site. This may include:
- Information you share when you use our website (e.g. your name, contact details, gender, product reviews, and any information which you add to your account profile)
- Transaction and billing information, if you make any purchases from us or using our Site (e.g. credit/debit card details and delivery information)
- Records of your interactions with us (e.g. if you contact our care service or interact with us on social media)
- Information collected automatically, using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. which pages you viewed and through what link you accessed the Site).
In accordance with the GDPR, we rely on the following legal basis to process your personal data:
- In order to establish a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfill your order).
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
- It is in our legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to understand more about our customers in order to offer the best products and customer experience. Your information is used to tailor your view of the Site, to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view.
We love to keep in touch with our customers and so, depending on your marketing preferences, we may use your personal data to send you marketing messages by email or post. Some of these messages may be tailored to you, based on your previous browsing or purchase activity and other information we hold about you.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us (or would like to opt back in), you can change your preferences at any time by contacting us or updating your settings in your account. If you unsubscribe from marketing, please note we may still contact you with service messages from time to time (e.g. order and delivery confirmations, and information about your legal rights).
Who do we share this personal data with?
We share customers’ personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- With our suppliers and service providers working for us (e.g. payment processors and delivery companies).
- With our professional and legal advisors.
- With third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- With law enforcement or other governmental authorities, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request.
This Site ensures that data is encrypted when leaving the Site. This process involves converting information or data into a code to prevent unauthorised access. This Site follows this process and employs secure methods to ensure the protection of all credit and debit card transactions.
Encryption methods such as SSL are utilised to protect customer data when in transit to and from this Site over a secure communications channel.
While we do everything within our power to ensure that personal data is protected at all times from our Site, we cannot guarantee the security and integrity of the information that has been transmitted to our Site.
Cookies (or biscuits if you’re British)
You have certain rights with respect to your personal data, including the right to access and correct your personal data, and, in specific circumstances, to transfer your personal data to another entity in a commonly-used format.
We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request. To make any requests regarding your personal data or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal data, you should contact us using the details below. You are also entitled to contact your local supervisory authority for data protection.